Hostess coaching from National Sales Director Tammy CraykAudio Player
Things to remember:
When you meet opportunity with preparation you will achieve success! You will need to be committed to the cause!
Get back to the personal touch with your business.
Carry cards and stamps with you all day and every day.
Once you have booked her follow the following process for success with coaching your hostess and achieving a 90% Hold rate.
Send the following hand written cards to your hostess:
CARD 1 – sent immediately after booking the party
Dear Suzie…Thank you so much for helping me reach my goal of (whatever your goal is) I knew I could count on you! I can’t wait to see you on ___________@_________. You can count on me rain or shine! Living the Dream, Your Name
CARD 2 – sent out on day 2 (This mailing is highlighting what she is getting for free (download picture of the item from MK In touch, print, and write this directly on the paper)
Dear Suzie…Thank you so much for helping me to reach my goal. I had to send you a picture of what you are going to get for free on Saturday. This has been customized just for you! We’re gonna have so much fun! Thank you again! Living the Dream, Your Name
CARD 3 – mail on day 3 – a special gift for her the MK Pink Doing Green Tote (buy on section 2 for $1.50)
Dear Suzie…I just want to thank you again! This is your MK Pink Doing Green tote so that I can watch you shop for free in my Mary Kay store. Fun right? Again, thank you for helping me reach my goal of (whatever your goal is). Living the Dream, Your Name
CARD 4 – mail after the party
Send a personal thank you note that includes a sincere compliment.
1. These are your invites tell me what your girlfriends say. I’m so excited to see when they receive them! a. For the RSVP on the invites just put your cell phone number and not your name when they call back to RSVP you will then pre profile them by asking a few questions.
Day before party, send this text to hostess and have her to copy and paste in a text to her girlfriends
2. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow for our much needed girlfriend time at 7pm. I’m totally in love with this company and their products. Can’t wait for you to see my results. Again, thank you for helping out my friend (Your Name) She is (whatever your goal is), (Hostess Name)
Getting guest list at a party
Close her at the couch using these words:
- Did you have fun today?
- How does your skin feel?
- Well girlfriend I cannot wait to see you again and next time we’re gonna do your makeover like Julie did today. What would work better for you is next week good for you?
- Do you wanna get free stuff?
- Were you interested in that compact that I talked about? Did that really get you excited if not in to makeup switch it up and just ask what gets her excited
- Great you’re gonna get that compact for free. Now listen Lisa this is what we’re gonna do we’re gonna invite these girlfriends you put here, is that good for you? You wanna invite these girlfriends? Yes
- Do you have their mailing address? No
- This is what we’re gonna do. Let me get your cell phone.
When you get the phone this is what you do:
- Take a picture of her because she looks great with her MK dash out the door look
- Type this message into her phone: This is me with my new look! Thanks Mary Kay! Want one too? Then save the date for our girlfriend pampering session next Saturday at 2 pm. I have a cute invite for you what’s your mailing address? Please reply now for a gift!
She sends this to her girlfriends and you send her back to the table with the instructions to write down the addresses when they reply write on her profile card
Other nuggets to remember
No guest list = no party
You have to EXPECT the guest list
If they do not buy product – double book
No guest list – double book
You must be smart, proactive and committed
By Jen Semelsberger
How many of you want at least 90% of your appointments to hold? If that is you, please listen to the above coaching hot line and following the coaching plan below. I promise it works. Happy coaching, selling, booking and team building!
1. After booking the party/class tell her all about your Hostess Program!!! Ask her what she would love to earn with her hostess credit (skin care, glamour, microderm, etc.). You want her to get excited about the FREE stuff she will be earning. Then say It’s my job to make sure you reap all the rewards that we offer to our hostesses and so I’m going to make this super easy for you and mail out really cute invitations to your guests list. There is no expense to you . All you have to do is provide me with the mailing addresses and phone numbers of your guests. They are super cute and who doesn’t like to get something fun in the mail!? Would it be better for me to call you back or would you like to e-mail me the list? Great, I will have a special gift for you (eye shadow) if you e-mail me back within 48 hours with your guest list.
*Send a confirmation e-mail to her saying: Thank you again for hosting a party on ____________. You are helping me reach my goal of 30 faces. As I mentioned on the phone, if you e-mail me with the names mailing addresses and phone number of all the guests you would like to invite to your party and I will send them a super cute invitation that looks like it came from you! Shortly after that, you will get a package of goodies in the mail from me and I will send out the invites to your girls! Your girls will rsvp directly to you and then I just give you a quick call a few days before we get together to get a head count.
Mail out party invitations ASAP to her guest list and the hostess. You can use the bag as an envelope…it does take a regular stamp! I put the blank side of the invitation on the mailing address side.
2. Day 1 after booking the party mail out Hostess Packet (w/Hostess note attached to this e-mail) and a HANDWRITTEN postcard that says:
Thank you so much for hosting a party for me on _______. You are helping me reach my 30 faces goal. You make a difference in my business. I so appreciate you!
3. Day 3 after booking the party (this is only for hostesses who booked from a party or already had a skin care facial) mail a copy of her customized glamour look (create on your marykayintouch site) to her with a note (you can write the note right on the customized look paper!) saying: This is your new look. I am so excited to share it with you. Thank you again for helping me reach my 100 faces goal. You make a difference in my business. I so appreciate you!
4. When you receive the guest list mail a package of Brownie or Cookie mix with Pink Lemonade with a note saying: Here awesome goodies to make the party easy for you. I also include a Look Book and copy of the invitation. I get the brownie mix (.92) and crystal light ($2.98 for 5) at Wal-mart. I ordered the cute bags fromwww.mygirlfriendshouse.com (7×11 bags w/ tap) pack of 100 for $12.25. I use the same size for the invitations and brownie mix goodie package.
5. 5 to 7 days before her party ~ Call your hostess and see how the RSVPs are going. Preprofile your hostess. Ask her for the phone numbers if you don’t have them already so you can. Preprofile them. If she is uncomfortable giving you the phone numbers, ask for their e-mails or have her send out the e-mail to her guests with the following questions:
1. Introduce yourself (Hi Abbie, you don’t know me but my name is Jen and I will be the beauty consultant for Liz’s Mary Kay party this Saturday. Do you have a quick minute I have a couple of questions ask you about your skin so I’m prepared for the party.
a) Have you ever tried Mary Kay before? If not, what brand are you currently using?
Great, I’ve been looking for the opinion of someone who uses ____ on Mary Kay.
b) What best describes your skin type: Normal to Dry or Combination to Oily.
c) What would you like to change about your skin? (refer to #6 on the profile card to tell her about a product that can help her with that issue)
2. Thanks, Abbie I’m looking forward to meeting you this Saturday at Liz’s party it starts at 2pm but if you arrive a few minutes early you will receive a special hand treatment.
3. Oh there is one more thing I almost forgot a lot of people like to know that I give on the spot delivery so if you happen to fall in love with something and want to take it home I will have it with me that day.
6. Immediately after party send every guest an e-mail and handwritten T/N (even if they didn’t buy anything): Example note to send to your hostess – Thank you so much for your help. You and your friends put me faces closer to my 30 face goal. (Include a sincere compliment about her) I so appreciate you and value you as my customer. If you gave her a recruiting packet, reminder her in the e-mail of the time you’ve scheduled to follow-up and get her opinion.
7. 2 weeks after the party ~ call everyone to make sure they are loving their new products.
8. 2 months ~ do they need a refill.